The Lawrenceville School
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 10 Collections and/or Records:
Scope and Contents The Mather Almon Abbott Papers consist of correspondence with various trustees, school administrators and departments, faculty and alumni, and administration of other private schools and colleges. Also included are articles, addresses, speeches, and various aspects of academic, athletic and social life at the school, and various school funds and expansion and building plans. documents on Abbott's support of the movement to repeal prohibition. Also included is correspondence and journal of Mrs....
Dates: 1884 - 1967; Majority of material found within 1919 - 1934
Scope and Contents The Board of Trustees Records document the history the Board of Trustees, it's members, and The Lawrenceville School. The bulk of the records consist of files of individual trustees, which include correspondence, memoranda, and newspaper clippings, and documents generated during the course the Board's day-to-day management of the School such as annual reports, meeting minutes, and resolutions. Also included are the founding documents of the Board, it's bylaws, and documents created by it's...
Dates: 1882 - 2014
Scope and Contents The Buildings and Grounds Collection documents the construction, decoration, and renovation of the numerous historic buildings on campus. Included are documents pertaining to administrative and classroom buildings, recreational buildings and fields, the campus flora, and the specific houses within The Lawrenceville School house system. Interesting items include documents regarding the numerous renovations to the campus and Frederick Law Olmsted designed Circle. Other items of note include...
Dates: 1791 - 2014
Scope and Contents While the Albert Raymond Evans Papers contain information covering the years 1882-1971, most of the documents date from the Head Master Heely years through through his death in 1972. The Evans papers include his business correspondence and notes on management; school financial records and statistics; records regarding the trustees, faculty, alumni; and various phases of the school's academic and social life.
Dates: 1883 - 1972; Majority of material found within 1935 - 1972
Scope and Contents The Lawrenceville School Newspaper Clippings Collection consists of Lawrenceville School-related news from local and national newspapers. Clippings include news on prominent alumni, events on campus, building projects on campus, and student athletics. Clippings of note include early advertisements for the school that predate the 1880s reorganization and name change. Also included are several magazine articles from national publications.
Dates: 1837 - 2016
Collection — Box 1
Scope and Contents The bulk of the papers consist of correspondence between Nicholas H. Noyes and members of The Lawrenceville School administration regarding Noyes family contributions to the school. Much of the correspondence pertains to the Nicholas H. Noyes, Jr. Scholarship Fund. Also included are letters to and from Jansen Noyes regarding Noyes family contributions and the possible projects for the gifts. The correspondence covers both the Head Master Abbott and Head Master Heely administrations.
Dates: 1927 - 1958
Scope and Contents The bulk of the Charles Henry Raymond Papers consist of correspondence documenting Raymond's activities as assistant head master and head of the elocution department. Correspondents include Simon J. McPherson, Mather Abbott, members of the Green family, and numerous prominent alumni and people of the time. Also included here are numerous programs and printed ephemera for campus events.
Dates: 1889 - 1963
Collection — Box 1
Scope and Contents The Thornton Wilder collection consists of material created by Wilder during his time at Lawrenceville and material about Wilder that was created posthumously. Notable documents include correspondence with Head Master Abbott, various school administrators, and the Wilder family, an article Wilder wrote about The Lawrenceville School, and pages from an Our Town manuscript that he donated to the school.
Dates: 1921 - 2012