Education, Secondary -- United States
Found in 56 Collections and/or Records:
The bulk of the New Jersey Scholars Program records consist of files on scholars within the program and documents used in preparation for the program by faculty and advisors. Also included are annual reports. Collection also includes photos which can be found in a box located at the end of the historic photo collection (2nd row in compact). Inventory of the photos can be found on the J Drive>Archives>Photos>New Jersey Scholars Program Records Photo Inventory.
The bulk of the papers consist of correspondence between Nicholas H. Noyes and members of The Lawrenceville School administration regarding Noyes family contributions to the school. Much of the correspondence pertains to the Nicholas H. Noyes, Jr. Scholarship Fund. Also included are letters to and from Jansen Noyes regarding Noyes family contributions and the possible projects for the gifts. The correspondence covers both the Head Master Abbott and Head Master Heely administrations.
This collection cosists of documents created by the Office of Counseling and Human Development. The bulk of the collection consists of documents relating to prefects and letters of appreciation to Housemasters.
This collection consists of materials created by the Office of the Academic Dean. It includes curriculum books; general information on such topics as department chairs and international programs; and summer session materials. The collection ranges in date from 1880 to 2017.
The Office of the Treasurer Records include accounting records; information on bequests given to Lawrenceville; reports on the campus buildings and grounds; and development materials. Construction of the Crescent Houses and numerous renovations during the late 1980s are heavily documented. The collection ranges in date from 1886 to 1994.
The Philomathean Society Records consists of documents created during the course of society business. Included are the constitution and bylaws, financial records, membership rolls, attendance records, meeting minutes, and committee reports. Documents cover the club's founding in 1855 through its disbanding in 1924. The meeting minutes are notable as they shed light on some of the rituals and inner workings of the Society.
The bulk of the Charles Henry Raymond Papers consist of correspondence documenting Raymond's activities as assistant head master and head of the elocution department. Correspondents include Simon J. McPherson, Mather Abbott, members of the Green family, and numerous prominent alumni and people of the time. Also included here are numerous programs and printed ephemera for campus events.
The Samuel R. Slaymaker II Papers document the history of the creation of his book Five Miles Away: The Story of The Lawrenceville School. Documents cover both the research and writing process. Of particular interest is correspondence detailing the origins of the project and feedback from school administration and alumni that Slaymaker received prior to publication.
The Clubs Collection was created by the Stephen archives to house items related to student-run clubs. The collection includes documents related to student clubs including posters, membership lists, programs, and correspondence.
The T. Dean Swift Papers consists of drafts for a James C. Mackenzie biography and research materials used during the writing process. The research materials consist of Mackenzie correspondence and writings.
The Gerrish Thurber Papers consist largely of correspondence created during Thurber's tenure as librarian and reflect the day-to-day activities conducted during the course of library business. Items of note include correspondence between Thurber and librarians from other secondary schools and colleges and universities. Also included are materials documenting the history of major gifts to library and the John Dixon Library building.
The Thornton Wilder collection consists of material created by Wilder during his time at Lawrenceville and material about Wilder that was created posthumously. Notable documents include correspondence with Head Master Abbott, various school administrators, and the Wilder family, an article Wilder wrote about The Lawrenceville School, and pages from an Our Town manuscript that he donated to the school.
The bulk of the Woman's Club of Lawrenceville Records consists of a lengthy run of meeting minutes. The run covers 1895 through 1990. Also included are founding documents and constitutional revisions, numerous programs for club events, and documents pertaining to club anniversaries and scholarships for students