Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
The Isaac Van Arsdale Brown Papers include receipts for materials for the school and personal use and several pieces of correspondence pertaining to school business. Also included is correspondence between the Brown family and The Lawrenceville School which includes biographical information and references to Isaac V. Brown's legacy.
The Josiah Bunting Papers consist of the documents relating to persoanl life of Josiah Bunting. Included are letters, notes, and correspondence, clippings, and personal writings. Documents relating to Josiah Bunting's position as Lawrenceville School's Headmaster can be found in DC115 Office of the Headmaster Collection.
The Communications Department records consist of the public relations files of communications directors, school press releases, clippings off-campus newspapers, and other documents pertaining to the Communications Department collected by the Archives.
While the Albert Raymond Evans Papers contain information covering the years 1882-1971, most of the documents date from the Head Master Heely years through through his death in 1972. The Evans papers include his business correspondence and notes on management; school financial records and statistics; records regarding the trustees, faculty, alumni; and various phases of the school's academic and social life.
The Alexander Hamilton Phillips Papers consist of two items: a conduct and scholarship report for a student dated 1834 and a typed copy of a biographical sketch of Phillips created to F.B. Lee and originally printed in the "Genealogical and Personal Memorial of Mercer County, New Jersey."
The bulk of the Charles Henry Raymond Papers consist of correspondence documenting Raymond's activities as assistant head master and head of the elocution department. Correspondents include Simon J. McPherson, Mather Abbott, members of the Green family, and numerous prominent alumni and people of the time. Also included here are numerous programs and printed ephemera for campus events.
The Samuel R. Slaymaker II Papers document the history of the creation of his book Five Miles Away: The Story of The Lawrenceville School. Documents cover both the research and writing process. Of particular interest is correspondence detailing the origins of the project and feedback from school administration and alumni that Slaymaker received prior to publication.
The T. Dean Swift Papers consists of drafts for a James C. Mackenzie biography and research materials used during the writing process. The research materials consist of Mackenzie correspondence and writings.
- Names: Lawrenceville School. Office of the Headmaster X
- Lawrenceville School -- History 13
- The Lawrenceville School 13
- correspondence 13
- Education, Secondary -- United States 12
- Lawrenceville (N.J.) 10
- New Jersey -- History. 10
- Headmasters 8
- High school teaching -- United States. 8
- High school student activities 7
- High schools -- Alumni and alumnae 7
- newspaper clippings 7
- High schools -- Curricula -- United States 6
- Private school trustees 6
- New Jersey 5
- speeches 5
- annual reports 4
- reports 4
- Development & education 3
- High school students -- United States -- Religious life. 3
- minutes 3 + ∧ less
- Lawrenceville School. Board of Trustees 8
- Evans, A. R. (Albert Raymond) 4
- Abbott, Mather Almon 3
- Heely, Allan Vanderhoef 3
- Bunting, Josiah, III 2
- Heely, Frances Thompson (Pattie) 2
- Lawrenceville School. Alumni and Development Office 2
- Abbott, Elsie Twining 1
- Belknap, William Worth 1
- Brown, Isaac V. (Isaac Van Arsdale) 1
- Cary, Michael S. 1
- Hamill, Hugh Henderson, 1851-1909 1
- Hamill, Samuel McClintock, 1812-1889 1
- Kirby, Allan P. 1
- Lawrenceville School. Business Office 1
- Lawrenceville School. Communications Department 1
- Lawrenceville School. Office of the Treasurer 1
- Porter, Horace, 1837-1921 1 + ∧ less