Communications Department Records
Scope and Contents
The Communications Department records consist of the public relations files of communications directors, school press releases, clippings off-campus newspapers, and other documents pertaining to the Communications Department collected by the Archives.
- 1979 - 2013
- Majority of material found within 1994 - 2011
- Lawrenceville School. Communications Department (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research use. There is one folder that contains restricted material in series 4:Press Releases and Web News, it is marked with a red dot.
Conditions Governing Use
Single photocopies and digital photographs may be made for research purposes. Permission to publish materials from the collection must be requested from the Archivist. Researchers are responsible for determining any other copyright questions.
Biographical / Historical
The Lawrenceville School’s Communications Department is responsible for promoting student, staff, and faculty accomplishments and events through a variety of vehicles including our website, news releases, brochures, newsletters, and more. The department is also responsible for the writing and printing of many school publications such as the Lawrentian.
10.4 Linear Feet (24 full boxes; 2 half boxes)
Language of Materials
The Communications Department Records are arranged into four series: Series 1: Public Relations Files; Series 2: General Files; Series 3: Newspaper Clippings; Series 4: Press Releases and Web News. Under Series 4: Press Releases and Web News all items from 2013 onward come as a later aquistion and are arranged in the order they were recived.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The Public Relations Files were transferred by Lisa Gillard of the Communications Department to the Archives in January of 2012. The source of General Files is unclear. Newspaper clippings and press releases were transferred from the Communications Department to the Archives by Lisa Gillard in 2012.
Appraisal has been conducted in accordance with The Lawrenceville School Stephan Archives guidelines.
Information in the historical note was taken from http://www.lawrenceville.org/about/contact-information/comm-department.
This collection was processed by Casey Babcock in February of 2014.
- Education, Secondary -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- High school student activities Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- High school student extra-curricular activities Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- High schools -- Alumni and alumnae Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- High schools -- Curricula -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lawrenceville School -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lawrenceville School. Alumni and Development Office
- Lawrenceville School. Board of Trustees
- Lawrenceville School. Office of the Headmaster
- The Lawrenceville School Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- newspaper clippings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Communications Department Records: Finding Aid
- Casey Babcock
- February 7, 2014
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note