Carleton B. Riker, Jr. Lawrentiana Collection
Scope and Contents
This material was collected by Carleton B. Riker, Jr. and documents his involvement with The Lawrenceville School after his graduation in 1940. The bulk of the Carleton B. Riker, Jr. Lawrentiana Collection consists of material pertaining to the Lawrenceville School class of 1940. Documents include correspondence, reunion programs, memorials, obituaries, and class notes. Also included are miscellaneous Lawrenceville School printed material such as annual reports and reports on alumni fund raising.
- 1939 - 2007
- Majority of material found within 1998 - 2007
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research use.
Conditions Governing Use
Single photocopies and digital photographs may be made for research purposes. Permission to publish materials from the collection must be requested from the Archivist. Researchers are responsible for determining any other copyright questions.
Biographical / Historical
Carleton B. Riker, Jr. was born in South Orange, New Jersey in 1919. He attended The Lawrenceville School where he resided in Davidson House, was a member of the photography club, and worked on The Lit and the Olla Podrida. After graduating from The Lawrenceville School in 1940, Riker served the United States Army in World War II. He worked as an architectural draftsman until his retirement in 2007. He died on July 12, 2009.
0.83 Linear Feet (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
The original order of these documents has been maintained.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The Carleton B. Riker, Jr. Lawrentiana Collection was a gift from Riker's daughter, Louise Riker Ferrara.
Appraisal has been conducted in accordance with The Lawrenceville School Stephan Archives guidelines.
Information in the biographical note was gathered from material within the collection.
This collection was processed by Casey Babcock in December of 2012.
- High schools -- Alumni and alumnae Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lawrenceville School -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- The Lawrenceville School Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- alumni directories Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- annual reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- newspaper clippings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Carleton B. Riker, Jr. Lawrentiana Collection: Finding Aid
- Casey Babcock
- December 12, 2012
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note