Robert Serles Collection
Scope and Contents
This collection contains materials from Serles' time at Lawrenceville. His schoolwork-- completed assignments and extracurricular activity information-- make up the bulk of the collection. It also includes some correspondence. The items in the collection range in date from 1923 to 1932.
- 1923 - 1932
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Single photocopies and digital photographs may be made for research purposes. Permission to publish materials from the collection must be requested from the Archivist. Researchers are responsible for determining any other copyright questions.
Biographical / Historical
Robert Palmer Serles was born on June 16, 1908. He attended Lawrenceville from 1923 until 1930, when he graduated. He was a member of Griswold House. He graduated from Yale in 1934 and went on to become a lawyer.
0.83 Linear Feet (2 boxes)
This collection is arranged alphabetically.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection was purchased from Beverly Joan Albritton in December of 2000.
Appraisal was conduct in accordance with The Lawrenceville School Stephan Archives guidelines.
The processing of this collection was started by Casey Babcock in October of 2012. It was completed by Rebecca Driscoll in November of 2017.
- High school student activities Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- High school student extra-curricular activities Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lawrenceville School -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- The Lawrenceville School Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- copybooks (instructional materials) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- notebooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Robert Serles Collection: Finding Aid
- Rebecca Driscoll
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description