Alumni and Development Office Records
Scope and Contents
The Alumni and Development Office Records include documents related to fund raising, alumni association contributions, special campaigns, and alumni functions.
- 1921 - 2020
- Lawrenceville School. Alumni and Development Office (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Records in Series 3: Fund Raising are closed 20 years through from the date of their creation. The remainder of the collection is open for research use.
Conditions Governing Use
Single photocopies and digital photographs may be made for research purposes. Permission to publish materials from the collection must be requested from the Archivist. Researchers are responsible for determining any other copyright questions.
Biographical / Historical
The Lawrenceville School's Alumni and Development Office is responsible for raising gifts and donations for the school and planning and coordinating alumni functions. Their stated mission is, "[T]o establish and maintain long-term relations with and among alumni, parents, and friends through reliable, consistent, and sensitive communications. The office endeavors to report to its constituents the state of the School, highlighting the exceptional work being done and the areas where improvements could create extraordinary possibilities. To that end, the office seeks to channel alumni interest into a meaningful expression of support and solicit the funds necessary to provide for the general operations, capital, and endowment needs of the School."
19.35 Linear Feet (48 boxes)
Language of Materials
The Alumni and Development Office Records are arranged into four series: Series 1: Alumni Functions, 1960s-2001; Series 2: Director of Development, 1951-1990s; Series 3: Fund Raising, 1921-2010; Series 4: Reunion Files, 1937-1996.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The records were transferred directly to the Stephan Archives from the Alumni Office.
Appraisal has been conducted in accordance with The Lawrenceville School Stephan Archives guidelines.
All DVDs, tapes, and 3D objects have been separated and moved. Reunion photographs have been moved to the Historic Photo Collection, Box 163 Alumni Renions.
This collection was processed Casey Babcock in October of 2011 and October of 2014.
- Abbott, Mather Almon
- Development & education Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Education, Secondary -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Evans, A. R. (Albert Raymond)
- Heely, Allan Vanderhoef
- High schools -- Alumni and alumnae Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lavino, Edwin M.
- Lawrenceville (N.J.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lawrenceville School -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Semans, William Ritchie
- The Lawrenceville School Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- annual reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- memoranda Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Alumni and Development Records: Finding Aid
- Casey Babcock
- November 18, 2014
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note