Admissions Office Records
Scope and Contents
The Admissions Office Records include documents related to the admissions process such as catalogs, entrance requirements, and financial aid information. The bulk of what is included is printed material intended for promotional purposes. Documents included with this collection date the 1830s to present day but the bulk are from the 20th century.
- 1836 - 2012
- Majority of material found within 1911 - 2012
- Lawrenceville School. Admissions Office (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research use.
Conditions Governing Use
Single photocopies and digital photographs may be made for research purposes. Permission to publish materials from the collection must be requested from the Archivist. Researchers are responsible for determining any other copyright questions.
Biographical / Historical
The Admissions Office is responsible for promoting academic and extracurricular offerings with the purpose of attracting excellent students, determining which applicants shall be admitted, and handling the logistics of admitting students to The Lawrenceville School. The Admissions Office helps parents and students through the enrollment process and helps students transition into The Lawrenceville School community.
13.76 Linear Feet (33 boxes)
The Admissions Office Records are arranged into two series: Series 1: Catalogs, 1836-2012; Series 2: Subject Files, 1911-2011.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
These records were transferred from the Admissions Office to the Stephan Archives.
Appraisal has been conducted in accordance with The Lawrenceville School Stephan Archives guidelines.
Information in the historical note was gathered from material within the Admissions Office records. Http://www.lawrenceville.org/admission was also consulted in March of 2013.
This collection was processed by Casey Babcock in 2011.
- Education, Secondary -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- High school students -- United States -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lawrenceville (N.J.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lawrenceville School -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- The Lawrenceville School Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Tuition Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- catalogs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- memoranda Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Admissions Office Records: Finding Aid
- Casey Babcock
- February 27, 2013
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description