Office of the Treasurer Records
Scope and Contents
The Office of the Treasurer Records include accounting records; information on bequests given to Lawrenceville; reports on the campus buildings and grounds; and development materials. Construction of the Crescent Houses and numerous renovations during the late 1980s are heavily documented. The collection ranges in date from 1886 to 1994.
- 1886 - 1994
- Majority of material found within 1922 - 1989
- Lawrenceville School. Office of the Treasurer (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The records are open for research use.
Conditions Governing Use
Single photocopies and digital photographs may be made for research purposes. Permission to publish materials from the collection must be requested from the Archivist. Researchers are responsible for determining any other copyright questions.
Biographical / Historical
The Office of the Treasurer oversees all monetary matters of the School, from acquiring funding to budgeting. Included in these tasks are campus development, including construction of new buildings and renovations of existing ones.
12.3 Linear Feet (32 boxes)
Language of Materials
The Office of the Treasurer Records are arranged into nine series: Series 1: Accounting, 1922-1989; Series 2: Bequests, 1893-1989; Series 3: Budget, 1922-1980; Series 4: Buildings and Grounds, 1886-1989; Series 5: Development, 1987-1994; Series 6: Motion Pictures and Television, 1949-1988; Series 7: Portfolios, 1939-1973; Series 8: Statements of Accounts, 1982-1989; Series 9: Miscellaneous, 1900-1987.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The records were transferred from the Office of the Treasurer to the Stephan Archives.
Appraisal has been conducted in accordance with The Lawrenceville School Stephan Archives guidelines.
The collection was processed by Rebecca Driscoll in October of 2017.
- Development & education Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Education, Secondary -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Evans, A. R. (Albert Raymond)
- High school teachers -- Salaries, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lawrenceville (N.J.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lawrenceville School -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lawrenceville School. Board of Trustees
- Private schools Finance Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- The Lawrenceville School Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- memoranda Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Office of the Treasurer Records: Finding Aid
- Rebecca Driscoll
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note