Office of the Academic Dean Records
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of materials created by the Office of the Academic Dean. It includes curriculum books; general information on such topics as department chairs and international programs; and summer session materials. The collection ranges in date from 1880 to 2017.
- 1880 - 2019
- Lawrenceville School. Office of the Academic Dean (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The records are open for research use.
Conditions Governing Use
Single photocopies and digital photographs may be made for research purposes. Permission to publish materials from the collection must be requested from the Archivist. Researchers are responsible for determining any other copyright questions.
Biographical / Historical
The Dean of Academics guides Lawrenceville's curriculum design and its developing academic policies in collaboration with the academic department chairs and the Dean of Faculty. The Dean coordinates the support of students with special academic needs. The Dean oversees the Registrar's Office, the Educational Support Program, and other curricular initiatives. Working with the School's Director of Teaching, Learning, and Educational Partnerships, the Dean supports curricular innovations and educational partnerships.
1.46 Linear Feet (4 boxes)
The Office of the Academic Dean Records are arranged into three series: Series 1: Curriculum Books, 1988-2004; Series 2: General Information, 1880-2016; Series 3: Summer Session, 1927-2016.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The records were transferred from the Office of the Academic Dean to the Stephan Archives.
Appraisal has been conducted in accordance with The Lawrenceville School Stephan Archives guidelines.
Information in the Biographical/Historical note was taken from the Dean of Academics webpage (https://www.lawrenceville.org/page/dean-of-academics).
The collection was processed by Rebecca Driscoll in October of 2017.
- Education, Secondary -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- High school students -- United States -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- High schools -- Curricula -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lawrenceville (N.J.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lawrenceville School -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Private schools -- Curricula -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Private schools -- Periodicals Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- The Lawrenceville School Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Office of the Academic Dean Records: Finding Aid
- Rebecca Driscoll
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description