Jack Lubiner Research on Charles H. Breed Collection
Scope and Contents
This collection contains research on Charles H. Breed collected by Jack Lubiner. The bulk of the collection consists of photocopies of publications that contains photos taken by Charles H. Breed and photocopied clippings about and by Charles H. Breed. Also inlcued is infomation on exhibitions and Photo Collections held by other insitutions.
- 1899 - 1923
- Lubiner, Jack (Person)
Conditions Governing Use
Single photocopies and digital photographs may be made for research purposes. Permission to publish materials from the collection must be requested from the Archivist. Researchers are responsible for determining any other copyright questions.
Biographical / Historical
Charles Henry Breed (1876-1950) was a graduate of Princeton University. He worked as teacher at The Lawrenceville School untill 1923 and later became headmaster at Blair Academy. Breed was an avid photographer taking many photos of the Lawrenceville campus. He also held a fondness for portraiture. Upon his departure from The Lawrenceville School, he donated his large collection of photographic plates. Some of his other works were later found by Jack Lubiner who donated many of them to museums. Today his work is part of many permanent collections in large museums around the world.
.4 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Collection is arranged alphabetically by subject.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
All items were donated to the Stephan archives by Jack Lubiner.
Appraisal has been conducted in accordance with The Lawrenceville School Stephan Archives guidelines.
This collection was processed by Stephanie Eder in February 2018.
- High school teachers -- United States. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lawrenceville School Faculty and Staff Subject Source: Local sources
- Photography Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- black-and-white photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Jack Lubiner Research on Charles H. Breed Collection: Finding Aid
- In Progress
- Stephanie Eder
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the The Lawrenceville School Stephan Archives Repository
2500 Main St.
Lawrenceville 08648 U.S.A. US