Office of College Counseling Records
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of college admissions materials, scattergrams of test scores, and subject files ranging in topic from matriculation lists to information on specific higher education institutions. Materials range in date from 1919 to 2014 with the bulk of items dating to the 1960s and 1970s.
- 1919 - 2014
- Lawrenceville School. Director of College Counseling (Organization)
- Lawrenceville School. College Counseling Daprtment (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The records are open for research use.
Conditions Governing Use
Single photocopies and digital photographs may be made for research purposes. Permission to publish materials from the collection must be requested from the Archivist. Researchers are responsible for determining any other copyright questions.
Biographical / Historical
The goal of the College Counseling Office is to support, inform and encourage students and their families as they navigate the exciting, complex and ever-changing process of college admissions. Over the course of their Lawrenceville careers, families and students receive information through Form specific newsletters, class-wide meetings, Parent Weekend programming, publications such as “The Underformer’s Guide to College Counseling" and other communications designed to maximize a student’s Lawrenceville Experience. Fourth and Fifth Formers work closely with the College Counseling Office as they complete the college search and admissions process.
2.3 Linear Feet (7 boxes)
Language of Materials
The Director of College Counseling Records are arranged alphabetically into three series: Series 1: Admissions, 1919-2014; Series 2: Scattergrams, 1993-2007; Series 3: Subject Files, 1960-2014.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
These records were transferred from the Director of College Counseling to the Stephan Archives.
Appraisal has been conducted in accordance with The Lawrenceville School Stephan Archives guidelines.
This collection was processed by Rebecca Driscoll in October of 2017.
- College counseling Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Education, Secondary -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- High school students -- United States -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lawrenceville (N.J.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lawrenceville School -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lawrenceville School. Admissions Office
- The Lawrenceville School Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- College Counseling Department Records: Finding Aid
- Rebecca Driscoll
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note