Correspondence regarding Renovation plans, 1974-1975, 1974-1975
Scope and Contents
The Buildings and Grounds Collection documents the construction, decoration, and renovation of the numerous historic buildings on campus. Included are documents pertaining to administrative and classroom buildings, recreational buildings and fields, the campus flora, and the specific houses within The Lawrenceville School house system. Interesting items include documents regarding the numerous renovations to the campus and Frederick Law Olmsted designed Circle. Other items of note include campus maps, blueprints and plans, and deeds and property information from the school's earliest days.
Numerous records of the Department of Buildings & Grounds, which is responsible for the maintenance of the infrastructure and landscape on the campus, are also included in this collection.
Note that this collection only contains materials pertaining to the structures themselves, not their uses.
- Majority of material found in 1974-1975
- From the Collection: Lawrenceville School. Buildings & Grounds (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The records are open for research use.
From the Collection: 88.57 Linear Feet (55 boxes and 16 mapcase drawers)
Language of Materials
From the Collection: English
- Abbott Dining Hall Subject Source: Local sources
- Building -- Estimates Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Cain, Walker O., 1915-1993
- Clarke & Rapuano
- Conservation and restoration Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Crabtree Associates
- Greene, Bradford M.
- J. Ferd Convery Inc.
- Jacobelli, Carl F.
- Moore, George Bissland
- Notes Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Smith, Edward P.
- Yee, James K.