Carver, Clifford Nichols Scrapbook, 1906 - 1909
Scope and Contents
This scrapbook primarily contains athletic oriented materials of the Lawrenceville School from 1906-1909. These include game programs, scores, newspaper clippings and photographs. Handwritten and telegraphed correspondence, sheetmusic, address books, and Lawrenceville programs are included as well. Additionaly materials include academic reports,tickets, and permits.
- 1906 - 1909
- Carver, Clifford Nichols (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Biographical / Historical
Clifford Nichols Carver was born on September 29th, 1891 in Searsport, Maine. After graduating from the Lawrenceville School in 1909, he attended Princeton University for a Litt.B. degree and graduated in 1913. Following this, he attended Trinity College in Cambridge, England until 1914 as a research student. Carver served as a lieutenant commander in the Navy from 1917-1918. He later became a shipping executive, serving as the chairman of the board of Baker, Carver & Morrell, Inc. and director of the New England Society in New York. He was very active as a member the Sons of the Revolution, Society of Mayflower Descendants, Society of Colonial Wars, The Pilgrims, Newcomen Society of North America, and the New England Society. Additionally, he was awarded the Chevalier Order of Crown in Belgium and commander of the Order of St. Olaf in Norway. On March 7th, 1965, Carver passed away in Nassau, Bahamas.
1 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
The scrapbook should be propped up on both sides when open so that pages are not fully laying flat. It is very brittle where the pages connect to the bookspine, and pages can easily come out.
12" x 14" x 5 1/2"
- Athletics Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Cleve House Subject Source: Dot
- Football Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sheet Music Subject Source: Dot
- black-and-white photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- newspaper clippings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
Part of the The Lawrenceville School Stephan Archives Repository
2500 Main St.
Lawrenceville 08648 U.S.A. US