Clarke, Thomas Ludlow Scrapbook, 1891 - 1897
Scope and Contents
This scrapbook contains a multitude of political materials and documents related to theater and events held at the Lawnreceville School from 1891-1897. Newspaper clippings, speech excerpts, and meeting announcements cover U.S. politics at the time, with many references to Grover Cleveland and tariff reform. Lawrenceville materials include student photographs, Olla Podrida correspondence, The Lawrence documents, event programs, a class ode, and documents concerning the decennial celebration of the school.
- 1891 - 1897
- Clarke, Thomas Ludlow (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Biographical / Historical
Thomas Ludlow Clarke was a member of the Class of 1893. At the Lawrenceville School, he was a member of the Philomathean Society, Managing Editor of The Lawrence, Class Orator, and the Secretary and Treasrure of the Tennis Association.
.97 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Newspaper excerpts still attached in the scrapbook are brittle and should be handled with extreme care when unfolding.
12 1/8" x 9 1/2" x 2 1/2"
- Athletics Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Football Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Glee Club Subject Source: Local sources
- High schools -- Alumni and alumnae Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Princeton University Subject Source: Dot
- The Lawrence Subject Source: Dot
- Theater Subject Source: Dot
- U.S. Politics Subject Source: Dot
- Yale University. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
Part of the The Lawrenceville School Stephan Archives Repository
2500 Main St.
Lawrenceville 08648 U.S.A. US