Soper, Horace A., 1903 - 1908
Scope and Contents
This scrapbook primarily includes materials from Soper's time at the Lawnreceville School from 1904-1905, and his time at Yale University in 1908. Occasional documents date to 1903. Lawrenceville magazines, songbooks, newspaper article clippings and photographs are present, as well as miscellaneous event programs. Yale documents are primarily newspaper clippings and a class record booklet. Additional material consists of theater programs, tickets, and a magazine feature on car racing.
- 1903 - 1908
- Soper, Horace Adams (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Biographical / Historical
Horace Adams Soper was born on October 12th, 1886. He entered the Lawrenceville School in 1903 and graduated in 1905, continuing on to Yale for his Ph.B. degree. He served as a captain in ordinance in WWI in Washington, D.C., and France. He became president and chairman of the American Foundry and Furnace Co., and was a member of the Bloomington Rotary Club, the American Legion, and a member of the YMCA and Brokaw Hospital. He passed away on June 4th, 1972 in Bloomington, Illinois, and was survived by his wife, 2 children, and 4 great-grandchildren.
1.53 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
- Advertisements Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Baseball Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Glee Club Subject Source: Local sources
- Periwig Club Subject Source: Local sources
- Theater Subject Source: Dot
- Track and field Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- black-and-white photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- newspaper clippings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- songbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
Part of the The Lawrenceville School Stephan Archives Repository
2500 Main St.
Lawrenceville 08648 U.S.A. US