Billmeyer, Charles K. Scrapbook, 1899 - 1907
Scope and Contents
This scrapbook contains photographic and written materials pertaining to Charles K. Billmeyer's time attending The Lawrenceville School and his life in the years following. Multiple items related to theater and music are present, including ticket stubs, newspaper clippings, and performance programs from operas, musicals, plays, and recitals. A majority of the documents date from 1899-1907, with the exception of a 1920 Yale-Princeton football game program. Typed and handwritten correspondences from The Lawrenceville School and headmaster are included in regards to Billmeyer's academics, as well as a telegram. Other materials include a cloth Halloween mask, a puzzle book, sheet music, commencement programs, logistical documents on living on campus, and ribbons.
- 1899 - 1907
- Billmeyer, Charles Kolb (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Biographical / Historical
Charles Kolb Billmeyer was born in 1883 in York, Pennsylvania. He entered The Lawrenceville School in 1899, and lived in the Hamill and Griswold Houses. He would have been a member of the class of 1903, but appears to have not graduated.
1.02 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Pages are very delicate and brittle, especailly towards the bookspine. When going through the scrapbook, prop the open side up so that the book does not lay completely flat. Handle page edges with care.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Scrapbook was donated by son George Billmeyer in 1966.
- Baseball Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Concerts Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dances Subject Source: Local sources
- Football Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- High school students -- United States -- Songs and music. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Periwig Club Subject Source: Local sources
- Plays Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sheet Music Subject Source: Dot
- Spring Dance Concert Subject Source: Local sources
- Track and field Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Yale University. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- black-and-white photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
Part of the The Lawrenceville School Stephan Archives Repository
2500 Main St.
Lawrenceville 08648 U.S.A. US