Harold B. Erdman Class of 1942 50th Class Reunion, 1992
Scope and Contents
This scrapbook contains documents from Harold B. Erdman that are related to the planning of the Class of 1942's 50th Class Reunion, held May 1-3, 1992. All materials primarily date from 1992, but there are photographs dating back to 1988. Additional documents include handwritten and typed correspondances addressed to Harold B. Erdman. Other materials include two Alumni Day pins, a Lawrenceville honor code pamphlet, the 1992 spring term calendar, a memorial service program for alumni weekend, rap lyrics, a leadership campaign pamplet, and records tracking donation pledges for Annual Giving Day. Lastly, there are photographs documenting the Class of 1942 Athletic Fields, dedicated on May 1, 1992.
- Erdman, Harold B., L. 1942 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Biographical / Historical
The Class of 1942 contained about 143 students, and Allan V. Heely was the headmaster at this time. This class graduated just as the United States entered World War II, and many students enlisted in the year following graduation, including Harold B. Erdman.
Harold Buckley Erdman first entered Lawrenceville in 1939 and graduated in 1942. He was a member of the Dramatic Club, the Track & Field team, and a member of Olla Podrida from 1941-1942. His former houses included Raymond and Davidson. After graduating and serving in the U.S. Navy during World War II, he earned his Bachelors of Science from Yale University in 1947, and his M.B.A from New York University. Passing away in 2014, he was survived by his wife and 4 children.
3.55 Linear Feet (1 Box)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Spencer Mooney L. 2013, grandson of Harold B. Erdman
- Fundraising Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- High school students -- United States -- Songs and music. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- High schools -- Alumni and alumnae Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- alumni directories Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- color photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- programs (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus