Erdman, Harold B. Class of 1942 40th Class Reunion, 1982
Scope and Contents
The scrapbook contains various documents concerning the 40th class reunion of the class of 1942, held on May 7th and 8th, 1982. Many of these include reunion programs, photographs, and attendee directories. Most material is from 1982, with an occasional document from 1981. A large majority of the records are handwritten and typed thank you letters addressed to Harold B. Erdman. The collection also contains multiple empty and blank envelopes without corresponding letters, as well as a written document outlining the careers of the alumni. Additional materials include a newspaper cartoon, Lawrenceville memorabilia ads, a map of Princeton, 1982 Lawrentian excerpts, committee announcements, Harold B. Erdman's committee speech, and officer nominations.
- Erdman, Harold B., L. 1942 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Biographical / Historical
The Class of 1942 contained about 143 students, and Allan V. Heely was the headmaster at this time. This class graduated just as the United States entered World War II, and many students enlisted in the year following graduation, including Harold B. Erdman.
Harold Buckley Erdman first entered Lawrenceville in 1939 and graduated in 1942. He was a member of the Dramatic Club, the Track & Field team, and a member of Olla Podrida from 1941-1942. His former houses included Raymond and Davidson. After graduating and serving in the U.S. Navy during World War II, he earned his Bachelors of Science from Yale University in 1947, and his M.B.A from New York University. Passing away in 2014, he was survived by his wife and 4 children.
3.55 Linear Feet (1 Box)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Spencer Mooney L. 2013, grandson of Harold B. Erdman
11 1/2" x 10 1/2" x 2 1/4"
- High school student newspapers and periodicals Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- High schools -- Alumni and alumnae Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- alumni directories Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- black-and-white photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- color photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- maps Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- souvenir programs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
Part of the The Lawrenceville School Stephan Archives Repository
2500 Main St.
Lawrenceville 08648 U.S.A. US