Erdman, Harold B. Class of 1942 35th Class Reunion, 1977
Scope and Contents
This scrapbook contains documents from Harold B. Erdman that are related to the planning and reception of the Class of 1942's 35th Class Reunion. All materials date from 1977, with 1 letter from 1976 as the exception. The documents include many handwritten and typed correspondances addressed to Harold B. Erdman, most of which are thank you notes from alumni for his part in organzing the reunion. Other materials include photographs documenting the reunion, as well as records on attendees, including their full names and contact information. Other materials are letters from the reunion committee covering planning and progress, sheet music of the Lawrenceville School hymn, and the offical reunion program, which covers professional and personal information on each attending alumni concerning their lives after graduating Lawrenceville.
- Erdman, Harold B., L. 1942 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Biographical / Historical
The Class of 1942 contained about 143 students, and Allan V. Heely was the headmaster at this time. This class graduated just as the United States entered World War II, and many students enlisted in the year following graduation, including Harold B. Erdman.
Harold Buckley Erdman first entered Lawrenceville in 1939 and graduated in 1942. He was a member of the Dramatic Club, the Track & Field team, and a member of Olla Podrida from 1941-1942. His former houses included Raymond and Davidson. After graduating and serving in the U.S. Navy during World War II, he earned his Bachelors of Science from Yale University in 1947, and his M.B.A from New York University. Passing away in 2014, he was survived by his wife and 4 children.
3.55 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Spencer Mooney L. 2013, grandson of Harold B. Erdman
11 1/2" x 10 1/2" x 2 1/2"
- Committees Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- High schools -- Alumni and alumnae Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sheet Music Subject Source: Dot
- color photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- directories Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- maps Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- newspaper clippings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- receipts (financial records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- souvenir programs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
Part of the The Lawrenceville School Stephan Archives Repository
2500 Main St.
Lawrenceville 08648 U.S.A. US