McGaffey, Herbert Stephen
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
McGaffey, Herbert Stephen, 1917 - 1918
Contains 3 letters from McGaffey to Norris and McGaffey's address.
Ninth War Letter, June 1918
Contains 2 copies of a 7 page typewritten letter from Norris to "Lawrenceville friends". The letter consists of updates about Lawrenceville School sports, the death of two Lawrenceville alumni in action, and updates about the lives of Lawrenceville alumni in the service.
Third War Letter, December 1917
Contains 2 copies of 7 page typewritten letter from Norris to "Lawrenceville Friends". Page 2 of each letter is missing. Norris includes updates on alumni and the Lawrenceville School. Norris also writes about an alumnus killed in action.
Twelfth Letter - the First Peace Letter, November - December 1918
Contains 2 copies of an 8 page typewritten letter from Norris to "Lawrenceville friends". The letter consists of an updated "Honor Roll" (a list of Lawrenceville alumni killed and wounded while in the Service, Norris' thoughts about the end of the war, and updates from Lawrenceville alumni about their lives.
- Ambulance service--United States. 3
- World War, 1914-1918--Casualties 3
- Camp Funston (Kan.) 2
- Camp Johnston (Jacksonville, Fla.) 2
- Camp Lee (Va.) 2
- Camp Taylor (Ky.) 2
- London (England) 2
- Torpedo-boat destroyers 2
- United States. Army. American Expeditionary Forces--1917-1920 2
- United States. Marine Corps 2
- United States. Naval Reserve 2
- War work--Red Cross. 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Prisoners of war. 2
- Appendicitis--surgery. 1
- Athletics 1
- Belgium 1
- Camp Grant (Ill.) 1
- Camp Hancock (Ga.) 1
- Camp Jackson (Mo.) 1
- Camp McClellan (Ala.) 1 + ∧ less