Calliopean Society (Lawrenceville School)
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
The Calliopean Society Records include meeting minutes, constitutions, bylaws, and other documents created during the the Society's founding and operation. Additional documents include meeting notices, membership rolls, event programs, and student writing. The bulk of the material date from the Society's founding in 1852 through its formal dissolution in 1918. Also included are documents created during revivals of the Society that occurred in the late-1970s and mid-1990s.
This series consists of press releases written by the Communications Department for news outlets, school publications, and the school website.
The Philomathean Society Records consists of documents created during the course of society business. Included are the constitution and bylaws, financial records, membership rolls, attendance records, meeting minutes, and committee reports. Documents cover the club's founding in 1855 through its disbanding in 1924. The meeting minutes are notable as they shed light on some of the rituals and inner workings of the Society.
- Collection 3
- Archival Object 2
- High school students -- United States -- Societies and clubs. 3
- Lawrenceville (N.J.) 3
- Lawrenceville School -- History 3
- The Lawrenceville School 3
- minutes 3
- Education, Secondary -- United States 2
- High school student extra-curricular activities 2
- New Jersey -- History. 2
- Secret societies -- United States -- History 2
- bylaws (administrative records) 2
- Coeducation 1
- High school students -- United States -- Religious life. 1
- High school students' writings 1
- catalogs 1
- membership lists 1
- programs (documents) 1 ∧ less