Lawrenceville School. Office of the Headmaster
Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
The Josiah Bunting Papers consist of the documents relating to persoanl life of Josiah Bunting. Included are letters, notes, and correspondence, clippings, and personal writings. Documents relating to Josiah Bunting's position as Lawrenceville School's Headmaster can be found in DC115 Office of the Headmaster Collection.
The Communications Department records consist of the public relations files of communications directors, school press releases, clippings off-campus newspapers, and other documents pertaining to the Communications Department collected by the Archives.
While the Albert Raymond Evans Papers contain information covering the years 1882-1971, most of the documents date from the Head Master Heely years through through his death in 1972. The Evans papers include his business correspondence and notes on management; school financial records and statistics; records regarding the trustees, faculty, alumni; and various phases of the school's academic and social life.
The bulk of the Charles Henry Raymond Papers consist of correspondence documenting Raymond's activities as assistant head master and head of the elocution department. Correspondents include Simon J. McPherson, Mather Abbott, members of the Green family, and numerous prominent alumni and people of the time. Also included here are numerous programs and printed ephemera for campus events.
The Samuel R. Slaymaker II Papers document the history of the creation of his book Five Miles Away: The Story of The Lawrenceville School. Documents cover both the research and writing process. Of particular interest is correspondence detailing the origins of the project and feedback from school administration and alumni that Slaymaker received prior to publication.
- Subject: High school student activities X
- Lawrenceville (N.J.) 6
- High schools -- Alumni and alumnae 5
- New Jersey -- History. 5
- newspaper clippings 5
- High school teaching -- United States. 4
- High schools -- Curricula -- United States 4
- Private school trustees 4
- reports 4
- Development & education 3
- Headmasters 2
- High school student extra-curricular activities 2
- High school students -- United States -- Social conditions. 2
- High school students -- United States -- Societies and clubs. 2
- High school teachers -- United States. 2
- High schools -- United States -- Evaluation 2 + ∧ less