The Lawrenceville Postcard collection includes both color and black and white postcards of the Lawrenceville campus and the surrounding town. The collection dates from the early days of "The Circle" to present day.
Single photocopies and digital photographs may be made for research purposes. Permission to publish materials from the collection must be requested from the Archivist. Researchers are responsible for determining any other copyright questions.
The postcards come from a variety of publishers but the bulk of the early-20th century postcards were published by Hullfish Bros. in the 1900s. Hullfish Bros. was a general store of sorts specializing in hardware, sporting goods, and camera supplies. It was located on Main Street in Lawrenceville, N.J.
The postcards are arranged alphabetically subject.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The Archives has been collecting postcards throughout its history. Two postcards of the Red Cross House (Dawes) (acc. # 2014.1092.1) were gifted to the Archives by Gary Hullfish on June 4, 2014
Appraisal has been conducted in accordance with The Lawrenceville School Stephan Archives guidelines.
Information in the historical note was gathered from Old Lawrenceville (Formerly Maidenhead, New Jersey) Early Houses and People by Donald H. Tyler.
This collection was processed by Casey Babcock in October of 2012.
Identification of specific item; Date (if known); Lawrenceville Postcard Collection, Box and Folder Number; The Lawrenceville School Stephan Archives. http://archivesspace.lawrenceville.org/repositories/2/resources/71 Accessed November 23, 2017.
The Stephan Archives The Bunn Library The Lawrenceville School