Single photocopies and digital photographs may be made for research purposes. Permission to publish materials from the collection must be requested from the Archivist. Researchers are responsible for determining any other copyright questions.
The Lawrentian began as the Lawrenceville Alumni Bulletin in 1906. It was published by the Alumni Association and served as their official publication. Early editions focused on school business, alumni events, class notes featuring alumni updates, memorials and obituaries, and essays on school history. The Lawrenceville Alumni Bulletin became The Lawrentian in 1937. As the 20th century progressed, the scope of the magazine was expanded to emphasize connections between Lawrenceville and the global community. This shift in focus included feature pieces on alumni, students, and faculty and their activities away from Lawrenceville.
The Lawrentian remains in publication today. Though it remains the official alumni publication, The Lawrenceville School Communications Department is now responsible for publication and editorial duties.
The Lawrentian Collection is arranged chronologically.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The Lawrentian is collected from shortly after publication. The collection has accumulated steadily over the years.
Appraisal has been conducted in accordance with The Lawrenceville School Stephan Archives guidelines.
Information in the historical note was gathered from material within the collection, as well as Five Miles Away: The Story of The Lawrenceville School by Samuel R. Slaymaker, II.
This collection was processed by Casey Babcock in December of 2012.
Identification of specific item; Date (if known); The Lawrentian Collection, Box and Folder Number; The Lawrenceville School Stephan Archives. http://archivesspace.lawrenceville.org/repositories/2/resources/66 Accessed November 23, 2017.
The Stephan Archives The Bunn Library The Lawrenceville School